Please use the following online resources as you prepare to apply for prestigious scholarships and fellowships. Unless otherwise noted, these resources were not produced by the Fellowships Office at Georgia Tech.
ON WRITING PERSONAL STATEMENTS
- Writing a Personal Statement for Scholarships and Fellowships from Pomona College
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
ON PREPARING FOR INTERVIEWS
- The Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships Interview Preparation from Reed College
- How to Prepare for a Truman Interview from Claremont McKenna College
RECOMMENDATION LETTER ADVICE (JOE SCHALL)
Use the search box to find a specific award. There is information about what is wanted in the recommendation letters for that award as well as sample letters.
WRITING PERSONAL STATEMENTS ADVICE (JOE SCHALL)
Use the search box to find a specific award for advice about writing personal statements for the award.
INFORMATION ABOUT NSF, NDSEG, AND HERTZ APPLICATION PROCESSES
Information from a student perspective.
WRITING STYLE ADVICE
- Talk with Fellowship Office advisor. Send them your essays in Word format for comments.
- Joe Schall's Style Guide for Students
- Consult an advisor in the Communications Center (Clough Undergraduate Commons, fourth floor) and consult the writing advisor in your department if your department has one.
COMMUNITY OF SCIENCE DATABASE
Georgia Tech has a subscription to this database so use a Georgia Tech computer (such as one in the library) to check the Community of Science web site for scholarships and internships. This site is good to find funding opportunities and can be especially helpful for international students.
SEARCHABLE DATABASES FROM OTHER UNIVERSITIES
- OCR - University of California Riverside Office of Research Database
- Pathways to Science Database - A search tool for research funding in STEM fields
- University of California Los Angeles GRAPES Database